Résumé du cours
The stakes for software security are very high, and yet many development teams deal with software security only after the code has been developed and the software is being prepared for delivery. As with any aspect of software quality, to ensure successful implementation, security and privacy issues should be managed throughout the entire software development lifecycle. This course presents an approach for dealing with security and privacy throughout the entire software development lifecycle. You will learn about vulnerabilities that undermine security, and how to identify and remediate them in your own projects. You will learn general strategies for dealing with security defects and misconfiguration, how to design software to deal with the human element in security, and how to incorporate security into all phases of development.
Moyens Pédagogiques :
- Réalisation de la formation par un formateur agréé par l’éditeur
- Formation réalisable en présentiel ou en distanciel
- Mise à disposition de labs distants/plateforme de lab pour chacun des participants (si applicable à la formation)
- Distribution de supports de cours officiels en langue anglaise pour chacun des participants
- Il est nécessaire d'avoir une connaissance de l'anglais technique écrit pour la compréhension des supports de cours
- Accessibilité aux Personnes en Situation de Handicap – nous contacter
Moyens d'évaluation :
- Évaluations formatives pendant la formation, à travers les travaux pratiques réalisés sur les labs à l’issue de chaque module
- Évaluation sous forme de questionnaire à l’issue de la formation
A qui s'adresse cette formation
This course is designed for software developers, testers, and architects who design and develop software in various programming languages and platforms, including desktop, web, cloud, and mobile, and who want to improve their ability to deliver software that is of high quality, particularly regarding security and privacy. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CertNexus Cyber Secure Coder (CSC) Exam CSC-210 certification.
- Python® Programming: Introduction
- Python® Programming: Advanced
- HTML5: Content Authoring with New and Advanced Features
- SQL Querying: Fundamentals (Second Edition)
In this course, you will employ best practices in software development to develop secure software. You will:
- Identify the need for security in your software projects.
- Eliminate vulnerabilities within software.
- Use a Security by Design approach to design a secure architecture for your software.
- Implement common protections to protect users and data.
- Apply various testing methods to find and correct security defects in your software.
- Maintain deployed software to ensure ongoing security.
Lesson 1: Identifying the Need for Security in Your Software Projects
- Topic A: Identify Security Requirements and Expectations
- Topic B: Identify Factors That Undermine Software Security
- Topic C: Find Vulnerabilities in Your Software
- Topic D: Gather Intelligence on Vulnerabilities and Exploits
Lesson 2: Handling Vulnerabilities
- Topic A: Handle Vulnerabilities Due to Software Defects and Misconfiguration
- Topic B: Handle Vulnerabilities Due to Human Factors
- Topic C: Handle Vulnerabilities Due to Process Shortcomings
Lesson 3: Designing for Security
- Topic A: Apply General Principles for Secure Design
- Topic B: Design Software to Counter Specific Threats
Lesson 4: Developing Secure Code
- Topic A: Follow Best Practices for Secure Coding
- Topic B: Prevent Platform Vulnerabilities
- Topic C: Prevent Privacy Vulnerabilities
Lesson 5: Implementing Common Protections
- Topic A: Limit Access Using Login and User Roles
- Topic B: Protect Data in Transit and At Rest
- Topic C: Implement Error Handling and Logging
- Topic D: Protect Sensitive Data and Functions
- Topic E: Protect Database Access
Lesson 6: Testing Software Security
- Topic A: Perform Security Testing
- Topic B: Analyze Code to find Security Problems
- Topic C: Use Automated Testing Tools to Find Security Problems
Lesson 7: Maintaining Security in Deployed Software
- Topic A: Monitor and Log Applications to Support Security
- Topic B: Maintain Security after Deployment