Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125)
A qui s'adresse cette formation
- This course is intended for storage administrators, cloud operators, and cloud developers who want to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage within or outside the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform environment.
- Knowledge in Linux server administration and Linux command line
- Fundamental storage knowledge
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or the equivalent experience with Linux
- Deploying Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Creating a Ceph Block Device client
- Deploying the Red Hat Ceph Storage Gateway objects
- Troubleshooting Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Red Hat Ceph Storage operations and tuning
- Integrating Red Hat Ceph Storage with Glance
- Integrating Red Hat Ceph Storage with Cinder
- Integrating Red Hat Ceph Storage with Keystone
Follow On Courses
Red Hat® Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125) is part of the Emerging Technology series of courses from Red Hat Training. This five-day course is designed for storage administrators or cloud operators who want to deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage in their production environment as well as their OpenStack® environment.
Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125) is structured around 3 segments. The first segment is an in-depth view of the Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture and provides instructions for deploying Red Hat Ceph Storage, including the Ceph Storage Cluster, the Ceph Object Gateway, and the Ceph Block Device. The second segment focuses on day-to-day operations of a Ceph Storage cluster together with some common troubleshooting and tuning techniques that storage administrators can use to provide 24x7 availability of the storage infrastructure. The third segment covers the integration of the Ceph Storage Cluster with Glance and Cinder in Red Hat Enterprise Linux® OpenStack Platform. This segment also covers configuring Red Hat Ceph Storage as a replacement for Swift and integrating it with Keystone.
Module 1: Introduction to course and Ceph
- Introduce the course, Ceph Storage, and related Ceph systems.
Module 2: Overview of Ceph components
- Provide an overview of the requirements to create and access object storage data in Ceph Object Store.
Module 3: Overview of CRUSH map
- Understand CRUSH data placement algorithm and how it is used to determine data placement.
Module 4: Ceph Block storage
- Describe the method to create and access block storage data with the Ceph Block device (RBD).
Module 5: Ceph Filesystem
- Describe the method to create and access file storage data with the Ceph distributed file system.
Module 6: Ceph Storage cluster
- Create a Ceph object cluster.
Module 7: Ceph file
- Configure a Ceph file in Global, MON, MDS, and OSD server sections.
Module 8: Ceph clients
- Work with Ceph object clusters, Ceph Block Devices, Ceph Object Gateway daemons, and Ceph Filesystem.
Module 9: Ceph pools
- Understand Ceph pool concepts and configuration.
Module 10: CRUSH map configuration
- Configure and manage CRUSH map.
Module 11: MON servers
- Explain and create MON servers.
Module 12: OSD servers
- Explain and create Ceph OSD servers and OSD Maps.
Module 13: MDS servers
- Overview, configure, and map MDS servers.
Module 14: Alternative deployment
- Overview alternative deployment methods.
Module 15: Ceph operations & maintenance
- Overview and troubleshoot daily maintenance with Ceph.
Module 16: Performance tuning
- Tune the Linux server.
Module 17: Ceph daemon optimization
- Overview and optimize Ceph daemons.
Module 18: Architectural considerations
- Discuss architectural considerations for Ceph Performance Optimization.
Module 19: Ceph Client tuning & troubleshooting
- Tune and troubleshoot Ceph Client.
Module 20: Introduction to OpenStack & Ceph
- Introduce and explain integration of Ceph and OpenStack.
Module 21: Integrate Ceph with Glance
- Integrate object storage for image with Glance.
Module 22: Integrate Ceph with Cinder
- Integrate block storage for VMs with Cinder.
Module 23: Ceph and Ceph Object Gateway daemons
- Overview process to replace Swift with Ceph and Ceph Object Gateway daemons.