DevOps Culture and Practice Enablement (DO500)
DevOps Culture and Practice Enablement (DO500) provides an immersive experience in DevOps culture, modern software development practices, and modern application development architectures. Through teamwork, you explore foundational DevOps principles and complete hands-on labs that deploy containerized applications with Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.11, Red Hat® Ansible Engine 2.7, and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5.
A qui s'adresse cette formation
This course is designed for developers, architects, and product owners. If you’re a product owner with no programming experience, you will be paired with a student developer to help you through the labs.
- Possess knowledge of and/or experience in agile practices
- Have full access to your laptop
- Be able to install various software that will be used in the hands-on labs
- Have experience using agile methodologies, such as scrum
As a result of attending this course, you will have experienced a DevOps culture, been exposed to numerous DevOps practices, and implemented a small application using what you’ve learned. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Deploy a small multi-tiered application to an OpenShift cluster.
- Work as an effective member of an agile team.
- Discover, prioritize, and document desired software features and functionality.
- Develop software using pair and mob programming styles.
What is DevOps?
- Brainstorm and explore what principles, practices, and cultural elements make up a DevOps model for software design and development.
Pairing and mobbing
- Discuss and experience two foundational practices: pair programming and mob programming.
Retrospectives, information radiators, and team sentiment
- Examine the value of conducting retrospectives, visualizing work, and assessing team sentiment.
- Discuss the impact mapping discovery practice.
- Cover agile practices, including sprint planning, daily stand-up, showcase, retrospective, and backlog refinement
Value stream and process mapping
- Delve into the practices of value stream mapping and metricbased process mapping.
Continuous integration, deployment, and delivery
- Explore the foundational practices of continuous integration, continuous deployment, and continuous delivery.
- Learn how to use the event storming discovery practice.
User story mapping and value slicing
- Examine the user story mapping, value slicing, and empathy mapping practices.
Automated testing, part 1
- Develop an understanding of the test-driven development and business-driven development foundational practices, often referred to as automated testing.
Automated testing, part 2
- Complete the automated testing lab begun in part 1.
Pipelines as code
- Explore continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines using Jenkins
- Discover the merits of non-functional testing.
- Understand how to monitor builds and graphically represent their status as an information radiator.
- Experiment with the optimal methods of producing a showcase and bring the class to a close
Actuellement aucune session planifiée Demande de date