A qui s'adresse cette formation
- Systems engineers
- Datacenter administrators
- Cloud administrators
- Administrator - Professional
- Engineer - Professional
- VMware vCloud Director: Essentials/Fundamentals [V5.1] (Elearning)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking
Delegates will learn how to:
- Deploy vCloud Director.
- Manage vCloud Director to satisfy small private cloud business needs.
- Configure VMware vSphere® storage to enable multiple tiers in provider virtual datacenters.
- Create and manage vCloud Director organizations and vApps to satisfy business needs.
- Create and manage vCloud Director catalogs.
- Configure networking for organizations and VMware vSphere® vApp(s)™.
- Interface vCloud Director to Microsoft Active Directory servers.
- Understand the interactions between VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ (DRS) clusters and vCloud Director
This course demonstrates to technical personnel how to deploy VMware vCloud® Director™ for a small private cloud environment and manage the ongoing operation of the deployment. The course focuses on the private cloud in an engineering or quality assurance solution. The course covers all of the fundamentals needed to install, configure, and manage any small private cloud with vCloud Director. This course is the prerequisite for other courses that cover more advanced vCloud Director configurations in enterprise deployments.
- Review course goals
- Review course objectives
- Review the course outline
- Recognize vCloud Director Essentials/Fundamentals course elements
VMware vCloud Director Architecture and Components
- Describe how VMware products use the cloud computing approach
- Review vCloud Director components and explain their functions
- Examine integration with other VMware products such as VMware® vCenter™ Chargeback™ and VMware® vCenter™ Operations Manager™
- Determine the licensing needs
VMware vCloud Networking
- Describe the network types available in vCloud Director
- Discuss the organization and vApp network traffic choices
- Describe the function of network pools
- Explain how to share content between organizations and vApps
VMware vCloud Providers
- Identify storage resources for vCloud Director
- Configure and manage storage for providers
- Examine provider space allocation to an organization
- Recognize VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® issues
- Manage storage requirements for linked clones and shadow virtual machines
VMware vCloud Director Organizations
- Create and manage organizations
- Recognize resource allocations for an organization
- Create and manage catalogs
- Describe role based access
- Create custom security roles
- Describe and configure LDAP integration with Microsoft Active Directory
- Describe single sign-on
Managing Cloud Resources
- Understand and identify how vSphere fulfills vCloud Director requests
- Manage provider and organization virtual datacenters
Managing VMware vSphere Resources
- Manage VMware® vCenter Server™ instances
- Manage VMware vSphere® ESXi™ hosts
- Manage vSphere datastores
- Managing stranded items
- Configuring and managing resource pools at the vSphere level
Monitoring VMware vCloud Components
- Monitor usage information at provider and organization virtual datacenters
- Analyze vCloud Director logs to monitor vCloud Director cells
- Describe the catalog tasks available to organization users of various roles
- Describe the vApp tasks available to organization users of various roles
VMware vCloud Director Installation
- Describe the required prerequisites for a vCloud Director installation
- Install vCloud Director