Your cloud application written in C# works as intended, so you are done, right? But did you consider feeding in incorrect values? 16Gbs of data? A null? An apostrophe? Negative numbers, or specifically -1 or -231? Because that's what the bad guys will do – and the list is far from complete.
The cloud has become a critical aspect of online services. No matter which model you're using (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), part of your service is now operated by someone else. This may look like a net positive, but it also greatly expands the attack surface and brings in several new risks that may not be obvious. Have you configured all security settings correctly? Are you prepared for supply chain attacks? How can you protect the confidentiality of user data in the cloud? And most importantly: can the bad guys use your exposure to their advantage?
Handling security needs a healthy level of paranoia, and this is what this course provides: a strong emotional engagement by lots of hands-on labs and stories from real life, all to substantially improve code hygiene. Mistakes, consequences, and best practices are our blood, sweat and tears.
The curriculum goes through the common Web application security issues following the OWASP Top Ten but goes far beyond it both in coverage and the details.
All this is put in the context of C#, and extended by core programming issues, discussing security pitfalls of the C# language and the Azure cloud platform.
So that you are prepared for the forces of the dark side.
So that nothing unexpected happens.
Moyens Pédagogiques :
- Réalisation de la formation par un formateur agréé par l’éditeur
- Formation réalisable en présentiel ou en distanciel
- Mise à disposition de labs distants/plateforme de lab pour chacun des participants (si applicable à la formation)
- Distribution de supports de cours officiels en langue anglaise pour chacun des participants
- Il est nécessaire d'avoir une connaissance de l'anglais technique écrit pour la compréhension des supports de cours
- Accessibilité aux Personnes en Situation de Handicap – nous contacter
Moyens d'évaluation :
- Évaluations formatives pendant la formation, à travers les travaux pratiques réalisés sur les labs à l’issue de chaque module
- Évaluation sous forme de questionnaire à l’issue de la formation
Who should attend
C# developers working on Web applications and Azure
General C# and Web development
- Getting familiar with essential cyber security concepts
- Understand cloud security specialties
- Understanding Web application security issues
- Detailed analysis of the OWASP Top Ten elements
- Putting Web application security in the context of C#
- Going beyond the low hanging fruits
- Managing vulnerabilities in third party components
- Learn to deal with cloud infrastructure security
- Identify vulnerabilities and their consequences
- Learn the security best practices in C#
- Input validation approaches and principles
- Understanding how cryptography can support application security
- Learning how to use cryptographic APIs correctly in C#
- Cyber security basics
- The OWASP Top Ten
- Cloud infrastructure security
- API security
- JSON security
- XML security
- Denial of service
- Cryptography for developers
- Wrap up