A qui s'adresse cette formation
- Brocade Switch administrator
- System Integrators, Field / System Engineers and Support staff
- Employees preparing for the Brocade Certified Fabric Administrator (BCFA) certification
Knowledge in FC/SCSI Storage solutions and LANs
In this course students learn the basics of the FC protocol, get to know the Brocade platform (8/16 Gbps) and new technologies of the 5th generation (16 Gbps) and learn how to implement and manage a typical enterprise SAN. Topics of this class cover Name Server, RSCN Delivery, FCIDs, WWNs, Domain IDs, Shared Area concepts, Fabric Principal, Merging conflicts and more.
Single-CP (300, 5100, 65xx) and Dual-CP (DCX/DCX4-S, DCX 8510-8/-4) Switches are covered for their high-availability and other special features. The course also covers the software features of FabricOS 7.x as well as topics like zoning and administration, Non-Disruptive Firmware Upgrades and Config management. Other topics of this class include Load Balancing methods, FSPF, Trunking, DLS, DPS and Routing Policies. The courses includes extensive hands-on lab excercises to deepen the theoretical knowledge learned in class.
Follow On Courses
- 8 & 16 Gbps Brocade Switch-Platform Overview
- Fibre Channel theory and concepts
- Brocade B-series Switch installation, configuration & verification
- Maintenance tasks such as Firmware Upgrade & Configuration Management
- Concepts & configuration of Zoning on Brocade B-Series Switches
- Brocade Switching/Routing-conzept in a Fabric (Routing Policies, FSPF, Load Balancing)
- Brocade trunking concepts
- Remote Lab Excercises