Moyens d'évaluation :
- Évaluations formatives pendant la formation, à travers les travaux pratiques réalisés sur les labs à l’issue de chaque module
- Évaluation sous forme de questionnaire à l’issue de la formation
Who should attend
This course is intended for the person who has responsibility for daily system operations.
It is not intended for technical audiences who are seeking an in-depth look at how the Power System with IBM i works. This audience should instead attend the IBM i Technical Introduction (OL4AG).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Use the online help and references
- Send, display, and reply to messages
- Monitor and control jobs, devices, and job and output queues
- Start and stop the system
- Create and change user profiles
- Use authorization lists and group profiles
- Manage system configuration --> this could be the replacement for Manage system devices, user display stations, and printers
- Save and restore objects, libraries, and the system
- Monitor job and history logs
- Diagnose a system problem
- Order, receive, and apply PTFs
- Perform all of these functions using a 5250 emulation session as well as IBM i Access Client Solutions and IBM Navigator for i
This introductory course enables a new system operator to develop basic to intermediate level skills needed for day-to-day operations of the Power System with IBM i. Focus is given to using the GUI (IBM i Access Client Solutions and IBM Navigator for i) as well as 5250 emulation sessions to perform tasks including job control, monitoring, sending messages, managing systems devices, and more. Hands-on exercises reinforce the lecture topics and prepare the student to successfully operate a Power System with IBM i.
Moyens Pédagogiques :