Résumé du cours
This is the Aruba Certified Edge Associate Exam. This exam will test your ability to pass three of four sections from Design Associate, Mobility Associate, Switching Associate, and ClearPass Associate.
This exam has 60 questions. Here are types of questions to expect:
- Multiple choice (multiple responses)
- Multiple choice (single response)
Moyens Pédagogiques :
- Réalisation de la formation par un formateur agréé par l’éditeur
- Mise à disposition de labs distants/plateforme de lab pour chacun des participants (si applicable à la formation)
- Distribution de supports de cours officiels en langue anglaise pour chacun des participants
- Il est nécessaire d'avoir une connaissance suffisante de l'anglais technique écrit pour la compréhension des supports de cours
- Méthode d'évaluation : questionnaire en fin de formation
A qui s'adresse cette formation
The candidates for this exam will be associate-level candidates with knowledge in Design, Mobility, Switching, and ClearPass.
Candidates will select three of four sections. Each of the three sections must be passed independently to pass the exam. Twenty items from each section will be delivered.
- Gather and analyze data, and document customer requirements
- Given an outline of a customer's needs for a simple campus environment determine the information required to create a solution
- Evaluate the requirements, and select the appropriate Aruba solution for the design
- Given a scenario, evaluate the customer requirements for a simple campus environment identify gaps per a gap analysis, and select components based on the analysis results.
- Given a scenario, translate the business needs of a simple campus environment into technical customer requirements.
- Plan and design an Aruba solution per customer requirements
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate products based on the customer's technical requirements for a simple campus environment
- Given the customer requirements for a single-site campus environment design the high-level Aruba solution
- Given a customer scenario, explain how a specific technology or solution would meet the customer's requirements
- Produce a detailed design specification document.
- Given a customer scenario for a simple campus environment, choose the appropriate components that should be included in the BOM.
- Given the customer requirements for a simple site environment determine the component details and document the high-level design.
- Given a customer scenario of a simple site environment, design and document the logical and physical network solutions.
- Given the customer scenario and service level agreements, document the licensing and maintenance requirements.
- Recommend the solution to the customer.
- Given the customer's requirements, explain and justify the recommended solution.
- Describe and differentiate WLAN fundamentals and Aruba Architectures
- Define elements, describe the functionality, and differentiate between the 802.11 standards and amendments, RF bands, channels, and regulatory domains.
- Identify licenses that are used for various features, describe licensing pools, and differentiate between boxed-based, controller-based, and centralized licensing.
- Describe and differentiate between AP Modes (CAP, SA, AM, mesh point, mesh portal, IAP, RAP).
- Identify and differentiate the functions, features, and capabilities of Aruba single-site on-premise enterprise solutions.
- Identify and differentiate automatic RF management capabilities and features.
- Identify and differentiate the basic firewall policies and roles, and relate the roles to the policies and how they are applied in the hierarchy.
- Identify and differentiate wireless security authentication types, server types, and encryption types.
- Differentiate the scalability limits in the Aruba controller models, and given a scenario with customer requirements determine which model is appropriate.
- Configure, validate, and troubleshoot Aruba WLAN secure employee and guest solutions.
- Select the appropriate components to configure a guest WLAN and validate the configuration.
- Troubleshoot an employee and a guest WLAN.
- Configure a guest WLAN and validate the configuration.
- Manage and monitor Aruba solutions.
- Use the Mobility Master dashboards to monitor and troubleshoot client connectivity.
- Describe the functionality and uses of AirWave.
- Identify, describe, and apply foundational networking architectures and technologies.
- Describe the basics of Layer 2 Ethernet to include broadcast domains and ARP messages.
- Interpret an IP routing table and explain default routes, static routing, and dynamic routing such as OSPF.
- Identify the roles of TFTP, SFTP, FTP, Telnet, SNMPv2, and SNMPv3 in the management of Aruba network devices, and apply the appropriate security for these features.
- Describe Layer 2 redundancy technologies such as STP, RSTP, MSTP and VSF, and recognize the benefits of each.
- Describe and apply link aggregation.
- Identify, describe, and explain VLANs.
- Describe, identify, and explain wireless technologies.
- Identify, describe, and differentiate the functions and features of Aruba products and solutions.
- Identify and explain how Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, delivers solutions that enable the digital workplace.
- Identify basic features and management options for Aruba wired and wireless products.
- Compare and contrast Aruba Networking solutions and features, and identify the appropriate product for an environment.
- Install, configure, set up, and validate Aruba networking solutions.
- Configure basic features on ArubaOS switches to include initial settings and management access.
- Configure ArubaOS switches with Layer 2 technologies such as RSTP and MSPT, link aggregation, VLANs, LLDP, and device profiles.
- Configure basic IP routing with static routes or OSPF on ArubaOS switches.
- Manage the software and configuration files on ArubaOS switches, and manage ArubaOS switches and APs with Aruba AirWave.
- Validate the installed solution with the use of debug technology, logging, and show and display commands.
- Tune, optimize, and upgrade Aruba networking solutions.
- Optimize Layer 2 and Layer 3 infrastructures through broadcast domain reduction, VLANs, and VSF.
- Manage, monitor, administer, and operate Aruba networking solutions.
- Perform network management in accordance with best practices.
- Perform administrative tasks such as moves, adds, changes, deletions, and password resets for managed devices.
- Overview and Active Directory
- Guest and Onboard
- Endpoint Analysis and Posture