Office 365 is part of Microsoft 365, and you can license Office 365 on its own or as part of a Microsoft 365 subscription. Microsoft 365 includes additional security, compliance, and Windows licensing features in addition to Office 365. Although this course focuses on the features of the Office 365 component, it is also appropriate for organizations that deploy and manage Microsoft 365.
This five-day course describes how to set up, configure, and manage an Office 365 tenant, including identities and the core services of Microsoft 365. In this five-day course, you will learn how to plan the configuration of an Office 365 tenant, including integration with existing user identities; plan, configure, and manage core services; and report on key metrics.
Although this course and associated exercises were written for Office 365 with Windows 11, the skills taught are also backwards compatible with Windows 10. This course is based on the features available in the Office 365 E3 license, as these are the core features of Office 365 and Microsoft 365 plans.
Moyens Pédagogiques :
- Quiz pré-formation de vérification des connaissances (si applicable)
- Réalisation de la formation par un formateur agréé par l’éditeur
- Formation réalisable en présentiel ou en distanciel
- Mise à disposition de labs distants/plateforme de lab pour chacun des participants (si applicable à la formation)
- Distribution de supports de cours officiels en langue anglaise pour chacun des participants
- Il est nécessaire d'avoir une connaissance de l'anglais technique écrit pour la compréhension des supports de cours
Moyens d'évaluation :
- Évaluations formatives pendant la formation, à travers les travaux pratiques réalisés sur les labs à l’issue de chaque module
- Évaluation sous forme de questionnaire à l’issue de la formation
Who should attend
This course is designed for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, configuring, and managing an Office 365 environment. Students in this course are expected to have a relatively broad understanding of various local technologies such as Domain Name System (DNS) and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). They should also have a general understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Planning and deploying Office 365
- Manage users and groups in Office 365
- Deploying and configuring tools and applications for Office 365
- Plan and manage Exchange Online
- Planning and managing SharePoint Online
- Plan and manage Microsoft Teams
- Plan and manage other Office 365 services
- Implementing security and compliance in Office 365
- Reporting, monitoring, and troubleshooting for Office 365
Module 01: Office 365 Planning and Deployment
- What is Office 365?
- Microsoft 365 and Office 365 in comparison
- Licensing of Office 365
Module 02: Managing users and groups in Office 365.
- Describe user account types.
- Create and manage Microsoft 365 user accounts.
- Manage Microsoft 365 user licenses.
- Delete and restore Microsoft user accounts.
Module 03: Deploy and configure tools and apps for Office 365.
- Microsoft 365 apps
- Network planning and configuration
Module 04: Plan and Manage Exchange Online
- Key features of Exchange Online
- Comparison of Exchange Online and Exchange Server
- Exchange Online subscription options
- Planning an Exchange Online deployment
- Managing Exchange Online
Module 05: Planning and Managing SharePoint Online
- Overview of SharePoint Online
Module 06: Planning and Managing Microsoft Teams
- What is Microsoft Teams?
- Teams policies
- Meetings in Microsoft Teams
Module 07: Scheduling and Managing Other Office 365 Services
- Project & Planner
- Power Platform
Module 08: Security and Compliance in Office 365
- Overview of security and compliance features in Office 365
- Enhancing security and compliance features with additional licenses
- Using the Microsoft Defender portal and security assessment
- Using the Office 365 compliance portal and compliance assessment
- Plan and configure retention designations and policies
- Plan and configure data loss prevention policies
- Create and assign confidentiality designations
- Configure policies for secure attachments and secure links
- Plan and configure multi-factor authentication
Module 09: Office 365 reporting, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Service integrity
- General troubleshooting in Office 365